The Regional Service-Learning Award is a joint effort of partner organizations from Central and Eastern Europe together with the Latin American Center for Service-Learning (CLAYSS) to give visibility to the work of schools and NGOs that develop teaching and learning projects together with their communities.
The Award is a recognition for the efforts teachers and schools do in creating experiential learning opportunities, strong connections with the community and promoting students’ civic participation.
We know that education quality does not simply imply transmitting academic content, but it demands training students in democratic participation, focusing on improving learning and the quality of life of the community.
THE AWARD IS AIMED AT:
- Collecting and systematizing Service-Learning practice that allow students to broaden learning horizons and to commit themselves to transforming their communities jointly with other social actors.
- Acknowledging the schools that better integrate students’ curricular learning with service actions aimed at improving the quality of life of their communities.
- Creating visibility for the teachers who commit themselves to the implementation of a Service-Learning practice aimed at improving education quality and inclusion, which could lead to social transformation, and for the students whose educational trajectory is oriented towards active citizenship.
- Promoting and disseminating a culture based on participation, service and citizen engagement.
- Offering feedback on the experiences submitted and assessed, including technical support, bibliographic suggestions and training material.
We recognize a lot of teachers are doing great work with students in the community. If you are one of them we want to get to know your practice and help you make it more visible!
We want you to join a community of teachers and schools in Central and Eastern Europe who are working in this way and share ideas, practice and impact to learn from each other and empower our practice. We believe this will demonstrate how social transformation and active citizenship can be done through education and from our region!
Regional Service-Learning Award is a place to share your passion.